– California has the nation’s most extensive natural gas fueling infrastructure.
– The use of natural gas fuel reduces costs significantly for vehicle and fleet owners.
– CNG stations dispense between five and ten gallons per minute.
– Currently, about 12-15% of public transit buses in the U.S. run on natural gas.
– Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is one of the cleanest burning alternative fuels available.
– About 25% of all new transit buses currently on order nationwide are natural gas-powered.
– Los Angeles International Airport is required to be 100% CNG by 2016.
– CNG averages up to $1.50 or more less per gallon than diesel or gasoline (depending upon local markets)
– 98% of natural gas consumed in North America is domestically-produced
– Natural gas is cleaner, greener, cheaper, and domestically abundant